SculptGL is a digital sculpting web app, with sources available on github.
If you want to download a standalone version, you can download it
here (identical as the
You can find a set of tutorials below on this
Also available on the
chrome web store.
Sketchfab made a fork of the
old SculptGL version with
a new design : Sculptfab.
Main features :
- Sculpting tools
- Standard tools : Brush, Inflate, Smooth, Twist, Drag, etc
- PBR Vertex Painting (color, roughness, metalness)
- Alpha texture support for each tools
- Multiresolution sculpting
- Quad-tri Subdivison (catmull-clark/loop)
- Reversion (compute opposite of subdvision if possible)
- Navigating from low/high poly level subdiv will retain sculpting changes
- keep UVs (both reversion and subdivison)
- Voxel remeshing
- Uses SurfaceNets meshing algorithm (produces quad-only mesh)
- Uniform remeshing (quads will have the same size)
- Can also create non-manifold vertex :(
- In case of a non closed mesh, a naive holefilling algorithm is performed first
- Deletes UV
- Dynamic topology
- Triangles only
- Operates in real time
- Local subdivision (create new triangles)
- Local decimation (deletes triangles)
- Deletes UV
- Supports OBJ, PLY, STL import/export
- Reads vertex color
- Optimizes post and pre transform cache (tipsy algorithm)
- Undo/Redo support
A smaller project to experiment with raymarched signed distance field.
Not as polished as SculptGL, a bit clunky (gui...), but was fun to make nevertheless.